Farmers' Cooperative and Meeting Hall

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Location: 1933 Morrisville Carpenter Road
Built: 1880
Designated in 2010

The 1880 Farmers’ Cooperative building provided a place for farmers to buy and sell their goods. After the turn of the century, the building is believed to have served as a meeting house for the Farmers’ Educational and Cooperative Union and for meetings of a fraternal organization similar to the Freemasons – activities which were somewhat unusual for a rural crossroads like Carpenter. 

A garage, warehouse and front porch were added to the rear and west side of the building in the 1950s. Other smaller additions were made in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.

For more information, read the Landmark Designation Report

Farmers' Cooperative and Meeting Hall

Updated on 08/24/2018 10:38 AM