Type of Advisory Volunteer Opportunities
- Citizen Advisory Boards and Commission
- Council Committees
- Special Committees / Task Force - No openings at this time
- Other Advisory Volunteer Opportunities
Please note the 2020 Recruitment Period closed on July 31, 2020. If interested in additional volunteer opportunities, citizens are encouraged to sign up for email updates to be notified when opportunities become available.
General Guidelines for Advisory Volunteer Opportunities:
- All volunteers must live within Cary's Corporate limits or, where applicable, in Cary's ETJ.
- Current Town of Cary employees are not eligible to volunteer.
- All citizens appointed to any board or commission are required to read and sign the Ethics and Conflicts of Interest Guidelines for Town Advisory Boards and Commissions and to familiarize themselves with the Boards and Commissions General Rules of Order.
- Council members follow the board appointment policy to make appointments to the various boards and commissions.
- Appointments are for three-year terms, except where unexpired terms are being filled.