Remodeling, repairs, alterations, decks, porches, and many other projects require a residential building permit. Apply for your permit online and schedule a SPOT appointment or let your application go through the regular review cycle. The regular review cycle is approximately seven business days.
Both processes begin with your electronic application.
Eligible SPOT projects include
- Decks, porches, storage buildings, additions less than 500 square feet.
- Interior alterations less than 1,500 square feet.
A plans examiner will advise the applicant if a project is too complex to be reviewed as a SPOT.
Application Instructions for SPOTS and Regular Review
- Submit your application on our electronic plan review portal.
- Upload your building plans and plot plan. (If your are unable to scan and upload your documents staff will assist you. If you need staff help the size of your plans cannot exceed 11 x 17 inches.)
- Schedule an appointment if you would like a SPOT review or skip this step if you would prefer regular review.
Effective March 17, 2020 – Remote SPOT appointments ONLY
As part of our ongoing efforts to keep citizens safe from COVID-19, we are asking our SPOT program customers NOT to come into Town Hall for appointments. Applications will be processed remotely.
- Apply for your permit and schedule your SPOT appointment through the electronic plan review portal as usual.
- Staff will review your permit remotely at your appointed time.
- Be available via phone for questions during your scheduled appointment time.
- You will be notified by email once your SPOT permit is complete.
- There will NOT be a permit card – the permit will be issued electronically.
- You’ll need to print your documents and plans and have them available on-site for the inspector.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Regular Review Instructions
- Monitor your email. All communication from staff will be emailed.
- If you are notified of missing information or documents, log into your IDT account and respond to the open issues.
- If you need to upload new plans or documents you must upload all pages again so your second submittal is complete.
- Once your permit is approved you'll receive an email from staff with instructions for paying for your permit, printing your documents and picking up a permit card (when applicable).
Residential Trade Permits
See Building Permits Online for information about:
- Water Heaters
- Heating and Air
- Electrical service changes
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Installation of electrical fixtures and circuits
- Water and sewer line replacements
- Gas line installations (for gas logs, grills and appliances)
- Generator installations
(This site is not for SPOT Permits)
- Call 311 or (919) 469-4046 weekdays from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Visit Who’s My Inspector? to find your assigned inspector and cell phone number.
- Call your inspector between 7 and 7:30 a.m. to get an ETA or discuss time restrictions.